Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Spring Break Planning

So some of my friends and I are going on a real Spring Break trip this year (ok, maybe not like naked and drunk in Cancun like but still, somewhere warm) and we've been trying to work out the big plan. The destination: Costa Rica!

There are three of us going and we are leaving a bit early in the morning on the Wednesday of finals week (lol, skipping our Econ final all three of us...). From there we sort of compiled a list of things we want to experience while we are down there. At present that list consists of: going to a volcano, zip-lining in the rain forest, jumping off a waterfall, and swimming in an ocean (preferably the Pacific). We then figured out where we could do these sorts of things and put together a bit of an itinerary. In doing this we found other adventures we could have too... like a jeep-boat-jeep adventure to get us from the volcano to the rainforest.

The point of this trip, at least for me, is threefold:

1. To motivate me to get everything I need to get done for graduation/MUN done. If my thesis isn't complete, I can't go. If I'm not fully prepped for any of my Spring Quarter MUN, I can't go. If I'm generally failing out of school, I can't go. And I really really want to go so hopefully I'll be able to make it work?

2. To hopefully keep me out of the Winter Quarter slump. We all hate it, I've mentioned this before. Winter Quarter is the absolute worst, and its even more terrible when you consider the fact that after its over we still have another full quarter until the summer holiday. Having this trip at the end of Winter Quarter will hopefully be a light at the end of the tunnel. A welcome one!

3. To fulfill my resolution to make 2010 the year of insane adventures. This year is all about pushing it to the limit, experiencing new things, and one of the best ways to do this is to travel to a locale that is completely new. And uh, yeah, I've never been to a tropical country before.

So here's to Costa Rica in March 2010!!!

xoxox Nora

No comments:

Post a Comment