Friday, January 1, 2010

NYE

I spent New Year's Eve with Dick Clark, as is typical of me. Last year, as you may have noticed in a previous post, I hung out by the Colosseum in Rome, and I knew there was no way in hell that I could top that here in Wisconsin. So I didn't try. And I may be sort of sick with some sort of cold/sinus mess so I wasn't really up for going out anyways...

My sister and I launched all of our leftover fireworks from the 4th of July at like 9pm last night. On the 4th my neighbors were having a big party and were super drunk and shooting fireworks at us, so we sort of gave up. Then the cops came and took all their fireworks so it was probably ok that we bailed early... We did them last night, and it was pretty fun. I think the cold affects them though because some weren't as impressive as I remember them being. But I'm a total pyro so it didn't really matter as long as I got to play with fire.

Later on in the evening I just sort of laid around and watched the Dick Clark special on ABC. They had a pretty terrible line-up in terms of performers (hint, I HATE the Black Eyed Peas). I got to watch the ball drop with Dick, and he only sort of messed up the counting (I'm sorry I shouldn't joke about his stroke). Then I had to kill another hour for the official Central Time turnover... watched Univision with my Mom because she didn't understand that Will.I.Am is not called William.

NYE was pretty tame, but I liked just hanging with my Mom so no bigs.

No comments:

Post a Comment