Monday, January 11, 2010

Current Obsession

So right now I'm pretty much obsessed with the Scott Mills show on BBC Radio 1. Like, to the point where it was just pointed out to me that I seem more concerned about catching up before I go to work (and listen live) tomorrow than I am about doing homework or writing my BA.

I first got into the Scott Mills show on accident. I was trying to find a song online and stumbled upon the Radio 1 website. I clicked listen live and started listening. This was somewhere around 10pm, which meant that Dev was on (as with the time change to the UK it was 4am over there). I really liked Dev's show (still do) and I listened to it for a few days in the evenings when I was doing work.

Then one day I was at work and my iPod battery died. I decided to do a bit of a listen live while on the computer. It was somewhere after 10am (4pm over there) so Scott Mills was on. Within about five minutes I was laughing hysterically and had to turn it off for fear of being yelled at. That didn't last long, and I started listening whenever I was at work.

Then I found the podcasts. I've now got about every show since Summer 2006 on my iPod and I've slowly been trying to catch up to the present. It's definitely an obsession.

I like Scott's show because he mixes a fair amount of off the wall humor/features with really good music. I could go on forever about why I generally prefer the UK Singles Chart to the US one (no crap rap or Nickelback!). Suffice it to say that Scott's show (and Dev's) provides much better entertainment!

Check it out: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/

xoxox Nora

No comments:

Post a Comment