Wednesday, January 27, 2010

PLAYLIST #1 : 10 BEST BOY BAND BALLADS

1. Backstreet Boys -- Show Me the Meaning of Being Lonely (Arguably the best bsb ballad, and by far my favorite. From one of the best boy band albums of all time... Millennium).

2. 5ive -- Closer to Me (One of the last 5ive singles, was a bit heartbreaking because it was pretty clear that they were breaking up not long after. I love how they integrate Jay's more rap-voice in, awesome).

3. Westlife -- Flying Without Wings (Classic boy band. Classic boy band song).

4. JLS -- Crazy For You (My new obsession, JLS are the only new boy band in ages... and this song definitely illustrates the change in times, with a definite R&B vibe, and even a little autotune).

5. Take That -- Rule The World (Take That are the definition of boy band. Try to argue with me on this one, you will lose. It's funny though, because I chose a song that is a recent Take That release, post-reunion, rather than an old school Take That number. It's because this song is ahhhmazin).

6. McFly -- The Heart Never Lies (Technically McFly aren't a boy band. But this song has boy band written all over it, and the band is made up of all boys... This is one of my favorite ballads of all time).

7. MDO -- Te Quise Olvidar (I went through a phase where I really loved music in Spanish even though I don't know any Spanish. During that time I discovered MDO, a Menudo spin-off. Total boy band, and this is their best hit).

8. Take That -- A Million Love Songs (Take That is so epic they deserve two songs on this list. This is classic Take That tune from the early days. Sooo good).

9. Boyz II Men -- I'll Make Love To You (Boyz II Men was the first boy band I ever liked. I was sort of obsessed with them when I was like 7 and I think my mother thought I was mental... this is one of their sexiest songs).

10. Jackson 5 -- I'll Be There (Yes, I am including Jackson 5... they are one of the best, most epic, boy bands of all time. This is their heart-wrencher, I love it).

BONUS. Shai -- If I Ever (You've probably never heard of Shai, and I'm sure most people wouldn't consider them a boy band. Still, listen to their acapella version of If I Ever and tell me that it doesn't complete this list. Because it does).

No comments:

Post a Comment