Thursday, December 31, 2009

Trip To Milwaukee

Just got back from our annual Winter Break trip to Milwaukee... while the intentions of doing such a trip are good, I haven't enjoyed it as much as my parents think I do in years. Normally we go and stay at the Residence Inn (it is quite nice) and then we sort of just slouch around the "city" for awhile. It used to be fun when staying a hotel was cool and my sister wasn't the same size of me (sharing a bed with her blows).

This year we went to the Public Market, which is actually really cool, for lunch. Its sort of a big open markety type place with a bunch of different places to get rather fancy food, but for sort of cheap. I had a sandwich that reminded me of something I might eat at Eric Keyser in Paris. Delish.

In the evening we sort of shopped around at the Grand Avenue "mall". It's not really a mall anymore though, because about 80% of the stores that were in it are closed up. I did find some cool shoes to fill that, I need more neon in my life void. They're cheap but they bring a nice splash of color.

We ate dinner at Rock Bottom, which is pretty much my favorite. I always get the big nachos and I always want to throw up afterwards, but it is totally worth it. This is the first time I've been there and been of age as well, so I tried a bit of their hand-crafted beer. It wasn't bad ;-)

The plan for the night was to hang in the hotel while my parents went out... but then we all ended up staying in and I went to sleep at 1030. I was feeling a bit ill to be honest, and woke up in the morning with THE WORST sore throat ever. Super annoyed about that. Way to ring in the New Year right? FML. Slept all morning while my fam shopped around, and then came home. Lame trip. But still nice that my parents thought it would be fun. I'm being too PC aren't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment