Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Letter From Nora.

Dear Friends,


I guess it’s been awhile since I properly blogged, and I did so elsewhere. I was going to continue on with my old blog, noralaparisienne.blogspot.com, but I sort of feel like that blog is over. I mean, it was dedicated to my experience before/during/after moving to France for six months. Well, it’s been about nine months since I’ve been back now. It’s time to move on.


Then I thought, I’m at a pretty interesting moment in my life. In a little over six months I’m graduating from college with a joint Bachelor’s in Political Science and International Studies. At that point I’ll be entering the real world. HA! So I figured I might as well document this momentous time in my life. Over the next six months I’ll be finishing my thesis, searching for a job, and preparing for graduation. Might be compelling reading?


At one point the plan was going to be to make a podcast. Tell funny stories about what is going on in my life. One of my secret dreams in life is to be a radio presenter, so I figured having a podcast might be sort of like that. But then I thought a) that’s a lot of work b) I don’t even know how to podcast and c) my roommates will probably think I’m mental if I’m always talking to myself. Then for some reason I remembered I had a blog and figured this would be an equally awesome way to go. And I can link it up to youtube and pictures and whatever.


So yeah, this blog is going to be my place to document the next six plus months. I’ll share stories about what’s going on at school (the stuff about my thesis will be particularly thrilling, not). I’ll show you pictures from my two big trips coming up (Spring Break in COSTA RICA! and a week in NYC in May for a Model United Nations event). I’ll link you to Youtube clips of what I think is cool at the moment. And I’ll update you on the whole job hunt thing.


So here I am, its the 23rd of December, 2009. I make my entrance in the real world on or around the 13th of June, 2010. Here’s to an epic six months!


xoxoxo Nora

No comments:

Post a Comment