Saturday, December 26, 2009

JLS - Beat Again

This needs to be documented in my blog. haha.

I've always maintained that my favorite genre of music is pop, and in particular I looove a good pop group. When NSYNC disbanded and the Backstreet Boys went to rehab (or one of them at least) pop groups in America sort of went to shit. So I've had to look overseas for amazing music. The past few years I've had a variety of pop groups that I've been vibing on, but none that were current and still making hits... until now.

The story is that once and awhile I go and read the UK Top 40 list to see what is cool over there. It's actually quite different than what is over here in the US, and I actually prefer a lot of the the UK stuff. None of this Nickelback nonsense. Anyways, over the summer I read the list and this group, JLS, were at Number 1 with this song, Beat Again. I sort of "got" the song along with a few others but didn't really listen to it. It just sat in my itunes...

Then in early November I did the same thing, but with a different song, Everybody in Love (will post later). A few days later I was listening to my music on shuffle at work and Beat Again came up. I was like, this is AMAZING. Why do I have this, who is this group, why did I never listen to it before? When I got home I did a little investigating and found the other song on my itunes too. Listened to each about five times and then decided to youtube them to see what they looked like...

Within about ten minutes I was pretty much obsessed, youtubed the hell out of them, learned their story (they were second place on the UK version of American Idol, called X Factor, in 2008).

So yeah, this is what's cool at the moment. I sort of love them... and I love that they are current because that means they will hopefully be putting out more stuff! None of this 5ive nonsense where I start liking the band after they are over, never to get a new track again.

Enjoy! xxxNora

No comments:

Post a Comment