Thursday, April 15, 2010

Playlist #3--My 10 Fave Albums.

I decided that I was going to make this playlist during History of the American Revolution today because I had a song I really like in my head and then I thought about how good that album is and then I thought I could make a cool playlist out of it.

So, this playlist is my favorite single off of each of my ten favorite albums.

It doesn't necessarily mean that they are my favorite songs off of each album, but I thought it would be cooler to work with singles because they are easier to find if you were ever in the mood for looking up the songs.

I couldn't possibly rank the albums because I love them for different reasons, so they are in no particular order. Also, my opinions change a lot, so these might not be my faves in a few months time ;-)


1. Crash and Burn
By: Savage Garden
Album: Affirmation
I absolutely adore Darren Hayes, and I think Affirmation is the best album he ever worked on (although his solo album The Tension and The Spark is amazing as well). I love love love this album!!!

2. Stargirl
By: McFly
Album: The Motion in the Ocean
I first became acquainted with McFly's music through their Greatest Hits album, which I felt was a bit of a cop out on this. Then I thought about it a bit more and realized all of my favorite tracks off of Greatest Hits are also on Motion in the Ocean. This album embodies pop rock better than any I've got on my iTunes.

3. Starry Eyed
By: Ellie Goulding
Album: Lights
This is a relatively new album to my repertoire and I can't get enough of it. Goulding's voice is a bit strange but there is this sort of whimsicalness to it that I sort of love. And the sort of electronic-pop sound is great for chilling out. Loves it.

4. I Want It That Way
By: Backstreet Boys
Album: Millenium
Ok so Millenium might actually be my favorite album of all time. There are very few albums (ok, maybe one other that I'm going to mention in a minute) that I can listen to all the way through with out getting bored of a song. There is always a track or two you just want to skip right? Not with this album, I love it to death. It also has a lot of personal importance to me because I was sort of obsessed with this album from when I was ten or whatever, and my first concert was definitely the Millennium tour... but still. This album embodies the boy band sound better than any, ever.

5. Sweet and Low
By: Augustana
Album: Can't Love, Can't Hurt
This album is not of a genre that people usually associate with me, but I don't really care. I enjoy it because they are well-constructed pop songs that don't have a lot of complicated bits to it. It's good for work or for just chilling out a bit... and I like the main guys voice haha.

6. Pass Out ft. Eva Simmons
By: Chris Brown
Album: Graffiti
I'll admit straight up that I still totally love Chris Brown even though I know he is not the safest guy around. I really like Graffiti because it has so many different types of tracks on it. Instead of being the same sound throughout you can tell that they were exploring lots of different genres/beats/whatever. I prefer the dance tunes and the ballads to some of the stranger more experimental ones, but the whole album is pretty fun to listen to.

7. Popular
By: The Veronicas
Album: Hook Me Up
I pretty much played this album to death on my ipod when I lived in Paris and had to take the metro to school every morning. For some reason it was just the perfect album to get me awake and to class. That's why its still pretty important to me I guess.

8. Floorfiller
By: A*Teens
Album: Pop Til You Drop!
Judge me all you want. LOVE THIS ALBUM! There is nothing catchier than an A*Teens song, I promise you. I can play it over and over forever.

9. Gift of a Friend.
By: Demi Lovato
Album: Here We Go Again
Guilty pleasure, don't judge. Love her voice.

10. One Shot
By: JLS
Album: JLS
Not since Millennium came out in 1999 have I been obsessed with an album/band as much as I am with this one. Boy band stuff aside, this album is an excellent revival of the old school pop sound that was popular at the beginning of the 2000s. Not only are the vocal harmonies spot on boy band, the album also takes on the more current R&B/Hip-Hop sound that is permeating radio these days (think Chris Brown/Ne-Yo) and boy bandifies it. I LOVEEEE IT. (And I'm totally going to their tour in December lol). Like I said with BSB, it says a lot when you can listen through an album without wanting to skip a track... and I definitely can with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment