Tuesday, April 20, 2010

GREATEST DAY OF MY LIFE?!?

So today I met JLS.

Yeah, them. That boyband that I'm LEGIT obsessed with. Yeah.

It was all a bit of a whirlwind to be honest. Sunday evening I was just dicking around on the internet like I tend to do, and a tweet came up from JLSOfficial: "Ya boys have just landed in milwaukee.. Let radio promo begin!! Jbs is already at the doctors with a bad throat!! Ax" Reading this I doubletaked like FIVE times at the word milwaukee. Why the hell would they be in Wisconsin...my home state?

So then I did a lot of quick research. I figured that if they were in Milwaukee chances were VERY good they would end up in Chicago. After a search I found that they were doing something at KISS FM in Chicago... and that you could win a chance to see them sing a few songs and MEET THEM!

I spent the better part of Sunday evening entering the contest and playing the games that allow you more entries... not gonna lie, I entered a good 200 times ;-)

Then Monday I got a call while at work saying I'd won! Honestly I didn't think I would but I totally did. It was ahhhmazin. I may have cried a bit at that point but whatever.

So then today, Tuesday, I went down to KISS FM for the event. They had us all meet up in the front lobby and we waited for the sound checks and whatever they were doing up in the Lounge. It was funny though, because I was there with my friend Felicity, and we had one of the best people watching experiences of our lives. Seriously some super random people were there. Oh, and while we were waiting I totally saw the band walk past the window and go in a different door. No one else noticed though, and I didn't say anything... haha. It was probably good that happened though, because it sort of calmed me a bit for when they came out to sing, as I'd already seen them once.

We got let up into the Lounge and they tried to take some pictures of us and stuff for the website holding sponsors stuff. I didn't really play, but whatever. Then... the boys came out! I think I held it together pretty well considering. They preformed two songs. An a capella version of Shai's "If I Ever" which was their audition piece for X Factor... and is INCREDIBLE. Like they need to get that recorded and on an album. And then they did Everybody in Love with a backing track. I was a bit surprised that they sort of did the choreography considering they were on a tiny stage, but I wasn't complaining. Again, amazing performance! I was a bit nervous that they would suck or something and I would be disappointed, but if anything seeing them today just made me more obsessed with them... and it makes me want to make sure London happens in December.

After the songs they stayed up on stage and we were allowed to go up one by one and get a picture and an autograph or whatever. I was pretty much dying waiting in line...

When I got up there I not only got hugs off of all of them, but kisses too! Fist thing I noticed was how amazing they all smelled. Seriously, it like rubbed off on my cardigan. They signed my JLS calender (yes I have one) and were shocked that I had it considering it's not available in the US. As they were finishing signing it Felicity told them about how I was coming to London to see them perform in December. I think they were pretty surprised by that... Marvin literally asked "You mean you are coming to London just to see us?" I sheepishly nodded my head, haha. After that bit they added "Nora, We Love You!" to my calender. HAHA. Then I got my picture done with them, and then made Felicity do one with them and me too. And then we were pretty much ushered out. But still... HOLY SHIT.

I didn't actually cry at the event, but I definitely did when I got home. Whatever, it was pretty much the highlight of my life. HAHA. I'm DEFINITELY going to make December work now... I mean I told them I have the tickets, so now they are going to expect that I show up!

It was a total whirlwind though. I found out about it less than 48 hours before the actual event, but I totally made it work! Love them!!!

Here are some of my pictures from the event... I didn't take a lot because the KISS FM people had cameras all up in my business so I figured I could steal theirs later and instead enjoy the event. Here we gooo...


Jack-the-Lad Swing! Singing "If I Ever". Marvin sang it AT ME at one point... swoon.


Getting my calender signed. I was dying a little bit inside. HAHA.


JB, Marvin, Me, Oritse, and Aston. OMGGGG. This is already framed on my desk haha.

So yeah, greatest day of my life?!? Ummm, yes!

xoxo Nora

No comments:

Post a Comment