Saturday, May 22, 2010

New York Cityyy

So I spent all of last week in NYC for a Model United Nations event with the United Nations Association. This year was my third year doing this conference, and to be honest this conference is my favorite one that I do each year (sorry MUNUC/Chomun kids, its sort of true).

It was different for me this year though because I served as an Under-Secretary General (USG) for the Humanitarian committees. So basically I oversaw that these committees were run without a hitch. It was a big job. I spent the better part of the last six months training my staff via the internet and prepping the conference materials for these committees. No big deal.

I got to NYC on Monday last week and spent two days at the UNA office helping the other Senior Staff (the other USGs and fancy people) prep for the rest of the staff to arrive. Monday night we had a great dinner at Sam's parents house. Hayes (the SecGen/Head Honcho) made some INCREDIBLE pancakes. The staff arrived Tuesday afternoon and that evening I took the Humanitarian kids out for chicken wings (LOVE).

From there the conference unfolded and we all had a lot of fun. I'm not going to go into detail about every waking minute and what we did, but suffice it to say that I had a great time, and even though I thought this year was going to be my last year I may or may not have agreed to going back next year. The rest of the Senior Staff was AMAZING and we had so much fun getting to know each other and hanging out. I can honestly say that I loved/love every single one of them and we had no dramas! High-five!

Anyways I'll leave you with a few photos and a list of fun memories.

Eating KFC Double Downs. Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh my goshh. The Blarney Stone. Steven's motorboating thing. Sailboating? Call signs. When Imbrenda split his pants. Chicken Wings. Little pants-less Sammy. Club TOUCH.


All Staff Photo in GA Hall. LOVE!

CHICKEN WINGS!

Being all Legit with my walkie talkie in the UN building.

Can't wait till next year!

xoxo Nora

No comments:

Post a Comment